Exclusively for UCSD/RADY/Scripps Residents and Fellows
As a UCSD/RADY/Scripps resident/fellow you are eligible to apply for an individual disability insurance policy from Standard Insurance Company that you can continue for the rest of your career. Please see details below.
This policy provides the following:
- $2,500, $5,000 or $7,500 per month initial monthly benefit
- Discounted gender neutral premium rates that are guaranteed level to age 67, including future benefit increases
- Specialty specific, own occupation protection
- Guaranteed option to increase your coverage up to $15,000 per month without medical underwriting
- Coverage that is valid anywhere in the world; benefits may be limited if you choose to live outside the U.S. after disability
- Includes enhanced residual and recovery benefits
- Policy cannot be canceled by the insurance company except for non-payment of premiums
Over 1000 UCSD/RADY/Scripps residents and fellows have already taken advantage of this plan to protect their medical careers in the event of disability.
If you have applied for coverage and been declined or postponed in the last 7 years, or have been disabled within the 6 months prior to starting coverage, you will not be eligible for this policy. Before you decide on protecting your medical career, contact DI4MDS.
To obtain your personalized quote, simply complete the form and we will contact you. Or feel free to contact us directly.
Standard Insurance Company UCSD/Radys/Scripps Authorized Representatives
Andy G. Borgia, CLU
The policy has exclusions, limitations, and terms under which the policy may be continued or discontinued. For costs and complete details of coverage, please contact Andy G. Borgia, CLU at 858-523-7518.
Standard Insurance Company Disclaimer: The Standard is a marketing name for StanCorp Financial Group, Inc. and subsidiaries. Insurance products are offered by, and the sole responsibility of, Standard Insurance Company, Portland, Oregon, in all states except New York. Product features and availability vary by state. Standard Insurance Company is licensed to solicit insurance business in all states except New York.